Baby Bonanza

Friday, February 6, 2009

Just when I thought we were in the clear...

Just when I thought we were in the clear and the flu/strep/cold and whatever other sicky bug is out there had passed us by, our 4-year old daughter wakes up this morning and says "Ouch, my neck hurts".  Translation: her throat is bothering her.  So I ask her to open up her mouth wide and say "AHHH" to see if her throat is red.  

But first, did you know it's almost impossible to see the back of a child's throat without a flashlight?  And guess how many flashlights are in our house that don't work?  The answer is 5.  

Needless to say, I have no idea how red her little throat is but by the way she is bopping all around the house, I'm thinking it isn't too bad plus Tylenol can work wonders.

So our day has consisted of watching the Barbie as Rapunzel movie, Leap Frog's Word Factory, Dora, Backyardigans, etc. and just basically hanging out in our pajamas.

By her being "sick", we have had the opportunity to play in her room a bit, eat ice cream, hide under her covers, and just have some Mommy/Daughter time.  That is a very good thing.

No comments: